Segmenting 2/3D structures
To segment a 3D (or 2D) structure, such as an injection site, select the
Region Segmentationbutton in the
Segmenting a 2/3D structure
- Click the
- If required, rename this region (by selecting the e.g.
- Navigate to where you want to draw your region of interest.
- Choose a brush size (top left box). N.B. this is in 3D.
- Make sure painting mode is activated (by selecting the paintbrush, top left). You can go back to the navigation mode by selecting the magnifying glass.
- Colour in your region that you want to segment, ensuring that you make asolid object.
- Add a new region if required (
- Repeat above for each region you wish to segment.
Analyse regionsto analyse the spatial distribution of the regions you have drawn.
Calculate volumesis selected, the volume of each brain area included in the segmented region will be calculated and saved.
Summarise volumesis selected, then each region will be summarised (centers, volumes etc)
You can also use
Saveto save your regions to be reloaded at a later date, and if you loaded your data in atlas space, you can also export the regions to brainrender (if you're using the brainrender GUI, use the
Add from filebutton to load the track).